Sunday, August 24, 2008

Okay, Forgive us...

Please please forgive us for not posting in FOREVER! We'll be better... promise! So let me fill you in on our lives these days...

We just recently spent three weeks in New Jersey with our families! It was a wonderful wonderful trip and we are so grateful to have been able to go! We spent a week in Jersey, then went with our parents down to Hilton Head, South Carolina and stayed in an amazing room on the beach for a week... then back to Jersey for another week. It was three weeks that went by way to fast and were filled with so many fun things! We went to cowtown, shopping in Philadelphia, hit up a Phillies game, spent a day down at the Jersey shore swimming and walking the board walk, and then spent two days in NYC with my mom and my brother Christian (thanks Dad!!!). We were spoiled... I won't lie. Check out the view we had from our room in NYC... like I said... its only cause my Dad is amazing and travels so much!

Yes... this is Times Square!!!


Anyway, New York was amazing! We went to this random resturaunt for breakfast the second morning and it turned out to be this super amazing place! It was called Max Brenner's something but it was like this sophisticated chocolate factory and the food was wonderful! Check out my breakfast...




That flask sitting on my plate... its full of chocolate... melted and warm and it was to pour all over the waffels. Those white crumbled stuff on top of the strawberries and blueberries, its crumbled white chocolate. It seriously was the richest, most amazing, different breakfast I think I have had in the longest time. I totally recommend the resturaunt if you happen to be in Union Square in NYC. I will go back there when I am home again at Christmas time!





As for the rest of our trip, it was wonderful! We had a good time at home but I think we're getting anxious for school to start again and get on with life. We got back to Rexburg Friday night, long story... we totally missed our plane Friday morning but thankfully we were able to get our flights switched and only got home like 4 hours after we were supposed. Thanks again Dad for flying so much!!! Saturday, yesterday, we went to the river and went bridge jumping with some friends of ours. It was pretty sweet! I won't lie. The water was SOOOO cold... like take your breath away, remember to breath cold. But wow it was fun. You could jump in the water up river... float down under a couple bridges and then climb up the lava rocks to get out and it leaves you right at this bridge over a 40ft deep part of the river so you can jump off the bridge back into the river. It was a great place and I'm kind of sad that it took us all summer to get out to this place.



The boys!!


The girls...


I only jumped from the bottom part... where Jonathan is hanging. All the guys jumped from the top, usually doing flips and stuff. It was way cool to watch!


Isn't the weather and view absolutely gorgeous!

Rexburg isn't really that bad I suppose when you get to do stuff like bridge jumping and stuff. I miss Jersey though... its where my family is! Life is good though and Jonathan and I are happy where we are with our lives right now! Life is definetly wonderful! and I promise we're going to keep this up to date...

3 comments:

AmberAuthor said...

hey dawnelle!!!!! you finaly posted something on your blog! yay!!!!!!!!!! come see my blog plleeeeaasssseeee!!!!
it looks like you had fun! who was hanging from the bridge? was that jonathan?

PiZzA said...

bridge jumping looks like it was way awesome. and i am mad jealous of your sweet hotel room. that's awesome.

Mary Killion said...

haha I'm so happy that you guys have updated your lives for us. Good to see all the fun you're having! :)