Wednesday, March 19, 2008

MY PROJECT IS DONE!!

The biggest project I have ever done is finally done! I have spent the last month of my life completely immersed in this project and its finally done and I don't even have any time to breath! I have another project to do before the semester ends for this same class plus about 4-5 others that have to be done by like April 4th... thats only two weeks away! This is insane! haha but I have discovered that I absolutely love designing kitchens. I think it is the best part about residential design and there is so much detail in it, its great! The kitchen I designed was for a older couple who just retired to a beach house on the shores of North Carolina. I wanted to reflect the old southern elegance, charm, and casual attitudes found in the south while using natural materials that reflect the ocean and shore colors and textures.

So... here are pictures of my concept board... the board I needed all the samples for and the rendered elevation that I did for the kichen...

You can click on the pictures to see a bigger version of them...

and this is my design concept...

"A custom kitchen surrounded in modern elegance will be bathed in the casual attitudes of the surrounding coastal areas. Natural beauty and durability will be the underlying feel in the space created through the use of line, color, and texture. Curvilinear lines inspired by the unpredictable organic shapes found along the Atlantic shores will be repeated throughout the space. Layered lighting will increase the harmonious feel of this airy entertaining atmosphere while emphasizing the tremendous view of the ocean. The use of contrasting colors and textures will be used in the cabinetry, backsplashes, and counters to create a rhythmic space to accommodate an active, retired couple planning for the future."

Anyway, Jonathan is in Minnesota again this week... he comes home on Friday... which is also his birthday!!! so thats pretty exciting! But let me know what you think of my project!!

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

Way to go!It looks great. I love the mini tiles. They're perfect.
Good luck in the next little while, sounds like you're booked. Glad it's all so fun. Wish you were here to help w/ my kitchen!!!!!

Life of ALi Stecher said...

wow dawnelle you are amazing i love what you did. it looks wonderful. when mom sees this she is going to want you to design our kitchen! haha any way hope to see you soon!
Love ALi

Anonymous said...

Ds I am soo proud of you and your designs. I love the whole concept. I can se how HHI would and could inspire you to think beach....Your retired couple will love what you have in mind. I love you so much and I can't wait to see you in May. Let me know what the plan is. Tell jss I said hi and give him a kiss for me..
Mama

PiZzA said...

update your blog, you slacker!

Life of ALi Stecher said...

okay you need to definatley like put a new post on your blog i am waiting!! anyway i talked to dad about coming out there this summer and i am just way to busy to come out in july so maybe i can come out for my birthday :)

AmberAuthor said...

hey awnelle awsomee work i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please visit my blog and post more recent stuff please!!!!!!!!!
amber