Saturday, February 16, 2008

Snowboarding... our new favorite sport!!

Jonathan gave me the best Valentine's present ever I think! I got a new snowboard and a full night's lesson tonight on how to snowboard. It was absolutely wonderful!! It was a lot of fun. I think I picked it up pretty quickly, however, my bum is now extremely sore! To be honest, my entire body is very very sore. Jonathan is a wonderful teacher though and was very patient with me despite me being scared and slow. It was a great night!! Jonathan leaves tomorrow for Minnesota again which is not very excited or happy but I think the week will go quickly cause I know I will be busy. Pres. and Sis Corbitt are coming this week and Carina is coming to spend the evening with me tomorrow night with her roommates. Jonathan is excited to go to Minnesota this week. He's learning about the hiring process that Schwan's goes through this week and was telling me all about it. He didnt have to work on Thursday (Valentine's Day) which was absolutely wonderful cause we were able to spend the whole afternoon and evening together.


I found out on Thursday that I'm getting a new position at work and I'm super excited about it! I work in a lab where we work with faculty members or teachers with different problems. Right now there is a section of the lab that just works on projects for the teachers, then there's my part of the lab where we work directly with the faculty members and the things that they need done. There is as of the middle of March going to be another section of the lab that will be specifically for a thing we use called Blackboard or Ilearn. Its a program avaliable for faculty members to use that allows them to post all their class materials including tests and assignments and grades onto the internet for students to access them. This new lab will be my new position. I was asked to be the lead student in this lab and will be spending the next month developing a plan for how to market the idea of it and how the lab will be run. I'm actually really really excited about. I think its a wonderful opportunity and has the potential to become a full time job this summer. I truly feel the Lord blessing me in this opportunity and I know that a lot will be able to come from it and will be a good thing for me now and in the future!


As for Jonathan... he had an interesting week this week with working for Schwans... He'll have to tell you about that though. He's asleep on the couch so you'll have to read about it later! Sorry!


Anyway, we love you all and hope all is well!


My new snowboard...

No comments: